Ryder System Inc. is a Fortune 500 commercial fleet management, dedicated transportation, and supply chain solutions company. Ryder has also been named as one of “America's Best Employers” and “America's Best Employers for Women” by Forbes.
QR Code Link to This Post
Now we are looking to hire an Apprentice Mechanic in Winnipeg
The Apprentice Mechanic will service and maintain our fleet of heavy-duty and medium-duty diesel and gasoline powered trucks. The successful candidate should be enrolled in the 2nd or 3rd year of an apprenticeship program and working toward their provincial License. As an Apprentice Mechanic, you will have access to mentorship and development from a team of strong technicians. In addition, Ryder provides support to continue your training and growth toward a fully Licensed Technician role through educational tuition reimbursement and salary top up during your apprenticeship course work. This is an excellent opportunity for a capable and reliable apprentice to begin a rewarding career with us.
• Excellent Benefit package
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent benefits package (employees may choose their level of coverage: Bronze, Silver, Gold)
• Retirement Pension Plans
• Stock options
• Boot & Tool allowance
• Top notch training (online & hands on)
• Floater Day
• Top Tech Competition (Ryder North America)
• A safe work environment evidenced by an excellent safety record
• Opportunity for growth
• Education reimbursement program of up to $3000 year
• Weekly pay
• Safety conscious, ability to work in a safety driven environment.
• Enrollment in 2nd or 3rd year of apprenticeship program.
• Familiarity with vendors.
• Technical bulletins.
• Proficiency with all tools of the trades; knowledge of shop machines and power tools
• PC literate, reliable and team-oriented with solid customer service skills
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• The servicing of heavy duty and medium duty diesel or gasoline powered trucks, includes:
o The light repair of engines or engine components
o Vehicle inspections
o Lubrications and oil changes.
o Assisting the Lube Technicians and Service Employees as required.
o Keeping the shop clean.
o Keeping good relationship with both internal and external customers.